International Conferences/Symposia/Workshops attended or organized
- Scientific Committee on Oceanic Research ( SCOR ) General Assembly at Hobart in 1986
- Joint Oceanographic Assembly at Mexico in 1989
- General Assembly of International Union of Geophysicist and Geodectics, IUGG Vancouver 1988.
- International Fishery Conference at Sendai in 1989
- Shrimp & Fin Fisheries Conference of GCC countries held at Kuwait in 86,87,89
- INDO US workshops on Monsoon at Delhi, Bangalore
- TOGA Conference of IOC /UNESCO at Paris in 1984
- UNESCO Conference on Vertical Motion in Equatorial Regions, Paris in 1983.
- Int. Conference on Ocean Sciences at Goa in 1991.
- More than 15 National Conferences / Workshops.
Membership in Professional Societies
- American Geophysical Union ( AGU )
- Japanese Society of Oceanography
- Japanese Society of Limnology
- International Geographical Union, Commission on the Coastal Environment.
- Association of Geophysicist for International Development (AGID)
International Joint Research Projects Undertaken/Participated
- Tohoku Wave Model for Oceanic wave prediction.
- Swamp ( Joint project by Japan, Germany, USA, UK & France on Ocean wave spectrum modeling).
- ROPME Project on Coastal Pollution ( Arabian Gulf States)
- Shrimp & Fin Fisheries Management
Back to Bio-Data Sections